Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mean Radish MCS

Welcome back it is MCS!

Yesterday, I measured my radishes and the mean height was 11 cm. The mean leaf length was 13 cm. Hammerhead123's mean height was 5.5 cm.The mean length of his longest leaf was 6.8 cm.

My growth rate of the height is 1.0 cm/day and the leaf length increases by 0.8 cm/day.

My radishes are growing faster than Hammerhead123's radishes because his radishes were in competition with each other (called: intraspecific competition) from right when they came out of the seed. When they got above the soil they grew thin and tall like a small tree. My radishes did not have to fight for food or light so they grew bushy with big, long leaves.

If you have any more information about growing big radishes or questions for me please leave a comment.

2 comments: