Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cloning a Tomato eHow Homeschool

From Projects and Activities

This is Hammerhead, in this post I am posting pictures of tomato cloning step-by-step. Cloning is very simple, basically you just cut off a growing tip from a tomato plant, stick it in potting soil, keep it moist and wait.

Tip: Make a greenhouse around your new clones from thin plastic sheeting, like a painter's drop cloth or you can reuse a plastic bag.


From Projects and Activities

This photos shows one of the clones planted about two weeks ago.


From Projects and Activities

This is a picture of my tomato seed, which I transplanted out of my garden.


From Projects and Activities

This is me watering one of the three new clones.


From Projects and Activities

This is three square feet of beans, the square on the far right has its own dripper.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog... we need all the resources we can get for all those homeschoolers out there. I run Kids ART Classroom (www.kidsartclassroom.com) blog is www.kidsartclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete